My cousin recently found this amazing little gem of a recipe for Nutella Blondies at TheFoodCharlatan and insisted we make them, now, if you love blondies you should absolutely give it a try! They were really delicious and I haven't ever used much Nutella in my life... I've had it on toast a few times and it was ok, but WOW, this was the first time I really tasted Nutella for what it really is and I was immediatly having visions of delectable swirls of Nutella and cheesecake topping a plate of brownies and decided I had to give it a try. Here are the results, and I have to say they were AMAZING (very modest, aren't I?)! Now, I will admit for all the hard core bakers out there I cheated and used pre-packaged brownie mix, but they were still divine and it simplified the process. I love how the Nutella forms an almost crunchy top crust on the brownies and the cheesecake cuts the over-the-top sweetness a little by adding the cream cheese tang, couple with uber chewy brownies delectable-ness... MMmm
- (1) Box Store bought brownie mix and all ingredients per packaging (I almost always go with Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix and follow the "fudgie" directions- but go with your personal fav!)
- (1) 8 oz package Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- (1) Egg
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Nutella
- Prepare Brownie Mix as directed
- Pour mixed brownies into 9x13" baking pan - set aside
- Add softened cream cheese and granulated sugar to a mixer and run on slow until the sugar is fully incorporated into the cream cheese
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the mixer and continue to run on slow until cheesecake mixture is well blended.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on brownies trying to leave spots of brownie showing through. Do not swirl yet!
- Using a microwave safe bowl, heat 1/2 cup Nutella until it is soft and slightly running (30 sec on my microwave)
- Dollop the runny nutella on top of cheesecake mixure
- Carefully swirl Nutella, cheesecake mix and brownies until you get the marbling you desire (I use a chopstick for marbling, it will give you much more control than a knife or fork)
- Bake as directed by the brownie packaging and let cool.